Sunday 8 July 2012

AWOL

Apologies for having been totally AWOL the past few days! I was getting everything packed and ready for Florida which coincidentally, is where I am now! It's so hot. I can't begin to describe it, though I am not complaining one bit. The flight was lengthy but Virgin provided some pretty good films (21 Jump Street is hillarious) and even though it took us three hours to get out of the airport, the whole journey went pretty smoothly. I'm so happy to finally be here in sunny Orlando; it's like a second home to me and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be unhappy when you're only 10 minutes down the road from Mickey.

As you can imagine, all this heat and travelling has seriously affected my outfit choices. For the flight I had a whole bunch of things to consider; on a 9 hour journey you need to be comfy and the air con that is constantly pumped into the plane means you're bound to be freezing throughout, however once you reach Florida, you'll suddenly become unbearably hot and are likely to be met with torrential rain (we weren't, thank God...). Having weighed up all of these factors I went for my brand new bright pink Topshop skinnies which I bought in the sale last week. As I mentioned in my last post, they were a massive bargain at only £18 instead of £38! I would have been an idiot to say no... With these, I chose my vintage Sea World tank top and my trusty oversize knitted cardigan. For footwear, I chose my new studded slipper style pumps; they knocked my bank account down to a tiny £10 (bearing in mind I barely had any money to start out with) but they were definitely worth it...


Cute vintage bag that my Mum found in her wardrobe!





Today (our first full proper day in Orlando) we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios- it's one of my favourite parks, though having said that I could easily say the same about all of them. Once again, the weather was ridiculously hot so besides the obvious (shorts, studded of course) I chose to wear a new tank top I found in the Urban Outfitters sale for only £10. It's oversized arm holes are perfect for this sticky weather. Though my outfit is completely simple, I felt it was perfect for a day trecking around the park. For shoes, I wore my beat up old vans- comfortable and cute. My sunglasses are my favourite thing right now, even if I did get told by a Disney Cast Member today that I looked like I had stolen them from the John Lennon Museum...




Sorry to leave you with such a short post but I am absolutely pooped. Gotta be up at 5am for an early entry to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! You can expect a lot of gushing about that soon... 

No comments:

Post a Comment